July 26, 2011

Sad Times

Hello "OCD Blogging Friends".  This past week has been rough.  Exactly one week ago I got a phone call from my Dad saying that he had taken my Mom to Emergency.  I immediately got in the car and sped to be with her.  (Thankfully, my ex, who is still incredibly supportive, stood right by me through all of this and actually drove the car, because I was in the middle of a panic attack. My parents live on Vancouver Island, so we had to drive for 1 1/2 hours to get to the ferry, and then sit for a 1 1/2 hour ferry ride.)

I don't have the energy to write about all that has happened in the last week, but it has been words can't even describe the whirlwind of emotions that I have been feeling.  I wanted to let you all know what is going on.  My mom is dying, and at this point we think that we only have a few more weeks with her.  It has been so difficult to see my mom suffer.  My mom is my rock.

I am leaving on Thursday to go to San Diego for the OCD conference.  My mom knew how important this conference is to me, and she insisted that I go.  It was difficult to leave her, but I am thankful that she is so strong and supportive.  She knows how important attending the conference is to me, and I am grateful for that. 

Please wish my mom peace and strength. 

8 comments:

  1. I'm so so sorry. I will be thinking of you and your mom and dad. I hope the conference goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry. I will be thinking of you and your family. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mom is in my thoughts and prayers, POC. Much love and hope to you and your family.

    -Lolly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there. This is brandi, with the blonde, curly hair from the OCD conference. I came to find your blog right away once I got home. I'm so sorry to hear that your mother is dying. I can't imagine the pain you are going through, and I would love to listen if you need someone safe to talk to/write to. I am sure what you are going through is really flaring up your OCD, but i could tell from meeting you that you are a strong and determined woman, and you can get through this!

    I'm so happy to have met you and get my foot in the door with our OCD online community. I hope your trip home was a safe one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I an so sorry to hear what is going on. You, your mom, and your whole family are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you to everyone. This is a very difficult time, and my OCD is sky-rocketing. The conference was very interesting and I will post when I have some time. I am spending as much time as I possibly can with my Mom at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are in my heart! I am awed by your courage--driving, sitting on the Ferry(I've been on that Ferry, and that's a long time when you are in a panic attack)and going to the conference. Remember, OCD can do whatever it wants, but you are still in there, and you love your Mom, and you have great strength.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im so sorry to hear about your mom. Keep strong!

    ReplyDelete