October 27, 2011

Update

My Mom is gone.  She died on Monday October 24 at 6:45 PM.  I was able to be there, to hold her hand while she took her last breath.  The last couple of weeks have been immensely difficult.  Now I am in the midst of planning her service, with the rest of my family members which is presenting many challenges - mostly of the emotional type.  Ooooooo.....all the politics that exist in my family.  But that's for another post.  My mom was my rock.  She was the most forgiving, non-judgemental person I know.  I miss her like crazy. 

So - the stress continues at least until next Saturday November 5 - the day of her "Celebration of Life".  After that, the grieving will really begin, but at least I will be able to get on with my life. 

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I'll be thinking of you as you make it through both the short term work and the long term grieving process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your mom. Sending hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending condolences and love your way. May your mom always remain alive in your heart and memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry for your loss. Your mom sounds like she was an amazing person and I'm sure she will live on in your heart. Will be thinking of you over the next week.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. You write very movingly about your OCD and your family life. I recognise so much I what you say. So sorry to hear about your loss and hope you will not be too hard on yourself (easier said than done) at this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete